Friday, August 15, 2008

Home Again

I have now been in the US for nine days. It has been a little easier adjusting to being home this time (mostly because it didn’t snow three feet in the first week). I’m not in as much culture shock, for example when I go to the food store, and I’m not sick (praise God). I’m eager to start working though, because, although it’s been a nice break, I have a lot of time to think about how much I miss NLCH and my fellow interns. I find myself thinking almost daily things like, hmm it’s 6:00 in Guatemala. Everyone is getting ready to eat dinner, or the kids are just getting out of school, or right now we would be having our intern meeting. The kids, staff, and interns have once again left quite an impression on me and I am extremely grateful to them for their part in helping me grow these last three months.
So what’s next? I’m not really sure. Next week, I’m moving back to Pennsylvania, where I will be working at my previous waitressing job while I look for a job in my field (biochemistry). I am also planning to apply to school for next year. Here is where I would especially appreciate your prayers. I’m not sure which programs I’m applying to, whether medical school, physicians assistant, nurse practitioner, or clinic psychologist, or maybe some combination. Please pray that the Lord will make this decision supernaturally clear to me and that he will provide a way for me to get there.
As for NLCH, I feel like a part of me is still there. Please pray for God’s direction about and provision for returning. Also, please pray for patience for me as I am in the US.
The doctor that I work with is trying to start a hospital in Guatemala City. I am trying to help her find investors for this project and also some medical equipment that she needs in her two clinics that she has now. If you or someone you know would like to help in some way, please let me know. You could also help by sponsoring a child. Each of the 51 kids needs 12 sponsors, but only one actually has the required amount.
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement during this journey. I have felt them every step of the way. I know that several of you have been praying for me since I was born and for this I am eternally grateful. For those of you that attend Trinity, I will be there this Sunday, August 17, and would love to talk to you. For anyone else, my email address is dbertozz@eastern.edu and my cell number is (603) 809-9183 (although it is turned off till Sept. 1). I hope to hear from you. Thanks again and God bless.
Con cariño,
Danelle Bertozzi

No comments: