Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pancake Night

Last Wednesday night, we had a chocolate chip pancake night for the little boys. They were so excited and talked about it nonstop for the two days leading up to it. Randy kept getting confused and telling everyone that we were eating only chocolate chip cookies for dinner.
We made them each placemats with their names, which they excitedly showed off and asked who made each one. If you’ve even tried feeding syrup to 11 little boys, you know that everything was a giant, sticky mess, but vale la pena (it was worth it). I just love spending time with them!
After the pancake dinner, I helped bath the little boys before bed. I got soaking wet, but had a lot of fun. When each little boy got into bed, he wanted me to pray with him and then sing a song, all in English. After, each wanted to know what I had said. It was such a great reminder that the Lord hears us no matter what language we are speaking. Right before I left, Sammy told me that now that I know how to help bathe them, he expects to see me there every night. Luckily, he told me that it was alright that I can’t come while I am in language school.


Words of the day:
Panqueques con chispas (pahn- kay- kays con chee- spahs)- chocolate chip pancakes
While bathing the little boys, I meant to ask Juan David if he needed anymore jabón (hah- bahn) or soap. I instead asked him if he needed anymore jamón (hah- mahn) or ham. He nearly fell over from laughing so hard and proceeded to tell everyone else in the room.

No comments: