Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pizza Night

Thursday night, we made home- made pizza with the older boys. This was so much fun. It was so great to see them laughing and having a good time, especially some of them that are having a hard time. The pizza even turned out half decent (whenever I’ve made cookies or other food with them, it’s usually turned out pretty gross- even worse than with the youngest boys). During this time, I tried to seek out and talk to some of the ones that are more guarded. I found myself getting a little frustrated as I silently prayed for them. Sometimes they put up such a front and there are times when I feel like any progress I made with certain kids last time is gone and I’m starting again. Many times, I feel like my level of Spanish is so insufficient and that I am not trained to know how to help kids with these types of problems. These are the times when I have to trust that the Lord knows what he is doing even when I don’t. Please join me in praying that these older guys will grow into strong men of Christ.

Words of the Day:
Masa (mah- sah)- dough
Levadura (lay- vah- dur- ah)- yeast
Harina (ah- reen- nah)- flour
Queso (k- so)- cheese

No comments: